Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Hobbit

I actually went to see this already a couple of days ago, but didn't have the time to comment on it. I went to the theater feeling a bit sceptic, as the reviews I had read were not that positive, actually this movie has gotten quite a beating, and unjustly in my opinion. I liked it, a lot. I thought it was everything it was supposed to be. Sure, it's loooong, but I'm fine with that. Sure, it's a bit childish compared to "Lord of the Rings", but so is the source material, "The Hobbit" -the book- is more of a children's book really. Sure, the tone of the movie changes drastically a few times, but so fucking what?

I was entertained for the whole 2h50min or so, I thought it looked great (I saw the 2D version as 3D tends to give me headaches), and you know what was the best part of this movie? I didn't have to watch Elijah Wood make THE SAME FUCKING FACE FOR THREE HOURS! Also, Orlando Bloom is not in it, which is a huge plus as well. And it has Martin Freeman, who I've liked a lot ever since I saw him in the original "The Office", good casting there.

I didn't think the first act -which plays out more like a comedy- was that great, but it wasn't bad, and when it got going it got really good, and as I said, looked great. Granted, I'm a bit of a geek for this shit and really loved "Lord of the Rings" movies and the book, and have also read "The Hobbit", "Silmarillion" and "Unfinished Tales", so maybe I'm a bit biased. Nevertheless, I liked it and recommend it to everyone. Go see it.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah I was surprised to see so many negative reviews on this movie. Your review sounds honest, not like the critics who nit-pick everything until it becomes negative. Definitely seeing it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to see it with friends, they almost had to drag me out from the theater. Big fan of the books and I, despite having read nearly everything I could have gotten my claws on, was at the edge of my seat. 2D. 3D's pain in the ass to somebody with glasses, like myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man..sorry to say but Orlando Bloom will be later..I don't know if in second or third part..but he will appear :)I went to watch it too and I liked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw it yesterday in 3D, and it's goddamn worth it! and I usually do get headaches too after watching a 3D movie... but not this time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw it in 3D and it was fuckin' good <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was very looking forward to see this movie...could not wait when it will come to the cinema...but i was very disappointed

    ReplyDelete